Honda iGX engines feature an integrated ECU (electronic control unit) with a self-tuning
regulator (STR) governor system.
The innovative ECU monitors and controls engine functions including Throttle, Choke,
Ignition Timing, and Oil Alert. On some models, it also offers programmable
governor and throttle modes for unprecedented flexibility. A diagnostic LED
helps with trouble shooting. Stepper motors precisely control throttle and
This allows the engine to communicate with the machine it is powering.
- Operation is automated
- Control becomes surer, faster and easier.
- Enables drive-by-wire remote control operation of the engine, regulating functions
such as starting, throttle, ignition timing and diagnostics.
- Engine speed can be programmed and varied based on the equipment application's load
and speed requirement.
- Easier for inexperienced users to operate
- Easily maintained - Ideal for rental applications